Advertisement – Science Technicians
Science Technician 2
Term-time | Permanent | Commencing September 2022
The people appointed to these posts must demonstrate by means of their application form, how they meet the following criteria. These criteria may be further enhanced for shortlisting purposes.
- Minimum GCSE A*-C in Mathematics and English Language or level 2 equivalent.
- GCSE Grade A*-C in GCSE Science or other level 2 equivalent.
- Good ICT skills, organisational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Sound ability in ICT including confident use of Word and Excel.
- Hold a minimum of ‘A’ level Biology/Chemistry/Physics grade A*-E.
- Hold a third level qualification in a Science subject.
- Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and email.
- A minimum of 3 months’ experience working as a Science Technician in a school.
- A good record of attendance in any previous employment.
- Experience of working unsupervised on own initiative.
- Knowledge of the requirements of Technician 2.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and requirements in a school environment.
- Knowledge of general administrative processes and records.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team and contribute to areas beyond the work of the Science department.
- Good record of punctuality and attendance.
- References reflecting good communication and social skills.
- Able to work with children and adults in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Flexibility, confidentiality, approachability.
Hours of work: 30 hours per week, times to be negotiated.
Salary: Technician 2 | NJC pts 5 – 6 | £19,650 – £20,043 per annum pro rata.
Closing Date: Thursday 14th April at 12.00 noon.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Access NI check. The successful applicant will not be able to commence employment until this check has been successfully completed.
We reserve the right to enhance the aforementioned criteria in the event of an unprecedented response in order to facilitate shortlisting.