Advertisement – Home Economics Technician
Home Economics Technician 2
Term-time | Permanent | Commencing September 2022
The person appointed to this posts must demonstrate by means of their application form, how they meet the following criteria. These criteria may be further enhanced for shortlisting purposes.
- Minimum GCSE A*-C in Mathematics and English Language or level 2 equivalent.
- GCSE Grade A*-C in GCSE Home Economics/Hospitality or other level 2 equivalent.
- Good ICT skills, organisational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Knowledge of HACCP principles and their application in a Home Economics environment.
- Hold a minimum of ‘A’ level Home Economics/Hospitality grade A*-E.
- Hold a third level qualification in a Home Economics/Hospitality related subject.
- Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and email.
- A minimum of 3 months’ experience working as a Home Economics Technician in a school.
- A good record of attendance in any previous employment.
- Knowledge of the requirements of Technician 2.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and requirements in a school environment.
- Knowledge of general administrative processes and records.
- First Aid qualification and access to own car.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team and contribute to areas beyond the work of the Home Economics department.
- Good record of punctuality and attendance.
- References reflecting good communication and social skills.
- Able to work with children and adults in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Flexibility, confidentiality, approachability.
Hours of work: 30 hours per week, times to be negotiated.
Salary: Technician 2 | NJC pts 5 – 6 | £19,650 – £20,043 per annum pro rata.
Closing Date: Thursday 14th April at 12.00 noon.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Access NI check. The successful applicant will not be able to commence employment until this check has been successfully completed.
We reserve the right to enhance the aforementioned criteria in the event of an unprecedented response in order to facilitate shortlisting.