The school aims to provide a caring environment in which pupils can realise their full potential and pursue excellence in all their activities.
Moral and Spiritual
- To encourage the growth of moral and spiritual awareness so that our pupils may become responsible and tolerant citizens.
- To develop in our pupils such personal qualities as confidence, respect and independence.
- To help all pupils to live a fuller and more abundant life through forming relationships and participating
in co-curricular activities.
- To enhance the links between the school and the home; and, the school and the community.
- To ensure that each pupil follows a broad and balanced curriculum which will be responsive to the needs of the individual.
- To provide for each pupil experiences which are enjoyable and challenging using methods and materials appropriate to the subject and level of study.
- To achieve high levels of success in public examinations.
- To develop in our pupils the academic and social skills, concepts and attitudes which will enable them to cope with the demands of life now and in the future.
- To foster within each pupil a sense of pride in Ballymena Academy.
- To develop an aesthetic appreciation – and an interest in and enthusiasm for creative and artistic endeavour.