The school aims to provide a caring environment in which pupils can realise their full potential and pursue excellence in all their activities.
Moral and Spiritual
To encourage the growth of moral and spiritual awareness so that our pupils may become responsible and tolerant citizens.
To develop in our pupils such personal qualities as confidence, respect and independence.
- To help all pupils to live a fuller and more abundant life through forming relationships and participating
in co-curricular activities.
- To enhance the links between the school and the home; and, the school and the community.
- To ensure that each pupil follows a broad and balanced curriculum which will be responsive to the needs of the individual.
- To provide for each pupil experiences which are enjoyable and challenging using methods and materials appropriate to the subject and level of study.
- To achieve high levels of success in public examinations.
To develop in our pupils the academic and social skills, concepts and attitudes which will enable them to cope with the demands of life now and in the future.
- To foster within each pupil a sense of pride in Ballymena Academy.
- To develop an aesthetic appreciation – and an interest in and enthusiasm for creative and artistic endeavour.