Taking place on 4th March, the event is aimed at all students through to postgraduates and early career changers. The event will coincide with World Engineering Day to join the celebration of Engineering as a career.
Hosted by Campus Media, the event is designed to stream live and watch on demand, showcasing the best of UK engineering talent & employers where you will gain valuable insights into different engineering roles and organisations. Offering the perfect chance to discover more about the industry, talk to employers about their opportunities and get advice on how to work within an industry that is shaping our world.
Here’s what to expect on the day:
- Advice from inspiring speakers
- Youth panel talks about apprenticeship and graduate routes into engineering
- Engineering – myth V reality
- Engineering in the RAF, live panel & careers insights
- Soft Skills workshop
- Further education courses to study
- Employer insights
For more information visit:
Northern Regional College Online Open Day
This year we are hosting our open day online on Monday 1 March 2021. We would like to invite students and parents/guardians to join us online at www.nrc.ac.uk to find out more about our range of qualifications and subject areas. There will be information on how we support students on the next step in their career journey, student services, the admissions process and virtual campus tours.
Course Guides outlining our Higher Education (HE) and full-time Further Education (FE)/Work-based learning provision are due to be delivered to all schools in the next few weeks and can be downloaded from our website. Online applications are also now open for courses starting in September 2021.
As an excellent alternative to university, we offer a number of HE courses. These include: Foundation Degrees, Higher Level Apprenticeships (HLA) and Higher National Diplomas. We have introduced a new HLA in Supply Chain and Logistics at our Newtownabbey campus. These courses offer an excellent progression route to university and include some exemptions. Students can apply directly to the College for HE courses without affecting their UCAS application (with the exception of the full-time Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Studies which may be available in UCAS Clearing).
Our post-16 options include GCSE and A Level equivalent courses as well as Traineeships and Apprenticeships. Subject areas include: Engineering, Hair & Beauty, Hospitality, Tourism & Sport, Creative & Digital Media, Health and Social Care, Performing Arts and traditional trades such as Plumbing, Joinery and Motor Vehicle. Details of all our courses are available on our website www.nrc.ac.uk.
- Up-to-date information on applying to Oxford and Cambridge (including Student Experience)
- Live Q&A sessions with course academics and current undergraduate students
- Opportunity to hear about sports and societies at both Universities
- Sessions from our current undergraduate students about applying, settling in to life at both Universities and their course of study
- Support staff will be available for a live Q&A session, including Careers, Student Funding and the Disability team
- Information for teachers and HE advisors A full timetable of talks and sessions will be available nearer the time.
- Year 13 students that are doing AS level subjects or equivalent BTEC.
- The projects are available in a wide range of subjects from STEM to Social sciences and IT.
- There is one pathway that is means – tested and pays the student a bursary.
- There is another pathway which is not means – tested and is open to all students
The University of Dundee is now using Unibuddy. This platform connects people directly with University of Dundee students where you can ask about student life, the transition to University or anything else you want to know about what it’s really like to study with us. You can chat with our students now using the link below.
Link: Uni Buddy
Queen’s University Belfast in partnership with PwC are pleased to announce another year of recruitment for our higher-level degree apprenticeship in Software Engineering, for those starting in September 2021.