Job Advertisement – Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Ballymena Academy, established in 1828, is a successful and forward-looking, co-educational, non-denominational Voluntary Grammar School with an enrolment of 1200 pupils, including more than 300 pupils in Sixth Form.
We are currently seeking a Receptionist / Administrative Assistant who will provide administrative support to the school’s staff, students and parents.
The person appointed to this post must demonstrate by means of their application form, how they meet the following criteria. These criteria may be further enhanced for shortlisting purposes.
- Minimum GCSE A*-C in Mathematics and English Language or level 2 equivalent.
- Strong IT skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in record-keeping and data management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive and friendly demeanour with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Good record of punctuality and attendance.
- Professional manner and the ability to work effectively with children and adults.
- Previous experience working as a School Receptionist or Administrative Assistant, or in a similar administrative role.
- Proficiency in using SIMS (School Information Management System).
- Knowledge of school administrative procedures, safeguarding, and data protection regulations.
- Flexibility, confidentiality and approachability.
Hours of work:
27.5 hours per week (5.5 hours per day) – Monday to Friday, 8.30 a.m. to 2.00 p.m., times may be negotiated.
NJC pts 4– 6; £21,189 – £21,968 per annum pro rata.
Wednesday 5th July, 2023 at 12.00 noon.
Further information on this role and an application pack are available below.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Access NI check. The successful applicant will not be able to commence employment until this check has been successfully completed.
We reserve the right to enhance the aforementioned criteria in the event of an unprecedented response in order to facilitate shortlisting.