Job Advertisement – Maintenance Officer
Ballymena Academy, established in 1828, is a successful and forward-looking, co-educational, non-denominational Voluntary Grammar School with an enrolment of 1200 pupils.
The successful candidate will have responsibility, under the direction of the school Principal and Corporate Services Manager, for the care, maintenance and security of the extensive range of school buildings, grounds and equipment. Preference may be given to applicants who have a building trade background to at least foreman level and experience in managing staff.
Accommodation within the grounds of the school is provided.
The person appointed to this post must demonstrate by means of their application form, how they meet the following criteria. These criteria may be further enhanced for shortlisting purposes.
- Minimum of GCSE A*-C in Mathematics and English Language or level 2 equivalent.
- Good ICT skills, organisational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong DIY/practical skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to plan and organise a work routine
- Ability to complete paperwork and cost materials/equipment
- Prepared to undertake training where required
- Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and email.
- A good record of punctuality and attendance in any previous employment.
- Experience of managing a team
- Able to offer a trade (electric/plumbing/building).
- Experience in caretaking or a related field.
- Experience in dealing with contractors.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and other legal requirements in a school environment.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Good communication and social skills.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Has high standards.
- Ability to work with children and adults in a professional manner.
- Flexibility, confidentiality, approachability.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours a week, times to be negotiated.
Salary: NJC pts 22 – 25 | £29,439 – £32,020 per annum.
Closing Date: Friday 12th May at 12.00 noon.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Access NI check. The successful applicant will not be able to commence employment until this check has been successfully completed.
We reserve the right to enhance the aforementioned criteria in the event of an unprecedented response in order to facilitate shortlisting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer