Job Advertisement – Hockey Coach
HOCKEY COACH (1st XI and 2nd XI)
The school is seeking to appoint an individual who will have the expertise and enthusiasm to enable hockey players to realise their highest potential.
The successful candidate will have responsibility, as Head Coach of the 1st XI and 2nd XI, under the direction of the school Principal and Teacher i/c Hockey. Preference may be given to applicants with previous experience of working with young people.
The person appointed to this post must demonstrate by means of their application form, how they meet the following criteria. These criteria may be further enhanced for shortlisting purposes.
- Minimum of Ulster Hockey/Hockey Ireland Level 1 Coaching qualification or equivalent.
- Good communication skills, organisational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to plan and organise, as appropriate, player development programmes.
- Experience in coaching teams at an appropriate level.
- A good record of punctuality and attendance in any previous employment.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience in video analysis.
- Experience in delivering CPD for other coaching staff.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and other legal requirements in a school environment.
- Completed relevant training in Safeguarding.
- Recent experience in a School/Club environment.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Good communication and social skills.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Has high standards.
- Ability to work with children and adults in a professional manner.
- Flexibility, confidentiality, approachability.
Hours of work:
Minimum of eight hours per week (during August – May), times to be negotiated.
Remuneration will be based on experience.
Thursday 15st June, 2023 at 12.00 noon.
Further information on these roles and an application pack are available below.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Access NI check. The successful applicant will not be able to commence employment until this check has been successfully completed.
We reserve the right to enhance the aforementioned criteria in the event of an unprecedented response in order to facilitate shortlisting.