ICT Technician – Grade 3
Ballymena Academy, established in 1828, is a successful and forward-looking, co-educational, non-denominational Voluntary Grammar School with an enrolment of 1200 pupils, including more than 300 pupils in Sixth Form.
We are currently seeking an ICT Technician to assist in the development of ICT within the school and ensure that all computer systems and peripheral devices are fully functional to meet the needs of the school.
The person appointed to this post must demonstrate by means of their application form, how they meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of five GCSEs (grade A* to C) to include English Language and Mathematics or equivalent or higher level qualifications.
- A minimum of one year’s experience of working in an ICT related technical support environment.
- Demonstrable evidence of knowledge of:
- The requirements of an ICT Technician 3
- Health and safety regulations, as relevant to the role
- General administrative processes and records
- Proven effective planning and organisational skills and an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proven effective people management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve outcomes
- Evidence of sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Evidence of proficiency in the use of computer packages, to include use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Hold an A Level qualification in I.C.T. / Computer Studies or equivalent or higher level qualification
- A minimum of one year’s experience of working in a post-primary school
- Evidence of training in network management
Essential and/or desirable criteria may be further enhanced for shortlisting purposes.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m., Friday 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Salary: ICT Technician 3 | NJC pts 7 – 17 | £20,092 – £24,491 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 8th October at 12.00 noon
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Access NI check. The successful applicant will not be able to commence employment until this check has been successfully completed.
We reserve the right to enhance the aforementioned criteria in the event of an unprecedented response in order to facilitate shortlisting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer