Job Advertisement – Financial and Administrative Assistant
Financial and Administrative Assistant
Ballymena Academy, established in 1828, is a successful and forward-looking, co-educational, non-denominational Voluntary Grammar School with an enrolment of 1200 pupils, including more than 300 pupils in Sixth Form.
We are currently seeking a Financial and Administrative Assistant who will provide support to the school within the Finance Office.
The person appointed to this post must demonstrate by means of their application form, how they meet the following criteria. These criteria may be further enhanced for shortlisting purposes.
- Minimum GCSE A*-C in Mathematics and English Language or level 2 equivalent.
- Strong IT skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in record-keeping and data management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive and friendly demeanour with excellent customer service skills.
- Good record of punctuality and attendance.
- Professional manner and the ability to work effectively with children and adults.
- Previous experience working in School Finances, or in a similar administrative role.
- Proficiency in using ParentMail, or a similar system.
- Knowledge of school administrative procedures, safeguarding, and data protection regulations.
- Flexibility, confidentiality and approachability.
Hours of work:
25 hours per week – (average of 5 hours per day) – days and times may be negotiated, however, the appointee would be expected to work until 5.00 p.m. on a Friday afternoon.
NJC pts 5 – 8; £21,575 – £22,777 per annum pro rata.
Monday 23rd October, 2023 at 12.00 noon.
Further information on this role and an application pack are available below.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Access NI check. The successful applicant will not be able to commence employment until this check has been successfully completed.
We reserve the right to enhance the aforementioned criteria in the event of an unprecedented response in order to facilitate shortlisting.