Advertisements for Classroom Assistants
SEN and General Classroom Assistants
Term Time | Permanent | commencing September 2022
The posts are required to meet the special educational needs of specific children and will be reviewed as an integral part of the annual review of the children’s statements.
The person appointed to each post must demonstrate by means of their application form, how they meet the following criteria. These criteria may be further enhanced for shortlisting purposes.
- NVQ 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant childcare qualification plus a minimum of 5 GCSEs passed at C grade or above (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics as well as previous post-qualification as a Classroom Assistant (minimum of 9 months preferred).
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience gained within the last 5 years, working in a paid capacity with children in an educational setting.
- Be a qualified teacher as recognised by GTCNI.
- Demonstrable proficiency in the use of IT.
- Experience of working with pupils who exhibit behavioural difficulties.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience gained within the last 5 years, working in a paid capacity as a Classroom Assistant with a child/children with Special Educational.
- Good record of punctuality and attendance.
- Good communication and social skills.
- Ability to work with children and adults in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Flexibility, confidentiality, approachability.
Hours of work:
Post 1 – Monday to Friday, September to June, 25 hours per week;
Post 2 – Monday to Friday, September to June, 32.5 hours per week.
Post 1 – NJC pts 5 to 6 – £10.28 to £10.49 per hour;
Post 2 – NJC pts 1 to 4 – £9.50 to £10.08 per hour.
Closing Date: Tuesday 23rd August at 12.00 noon.
Further information on these roles and an application pack are available below.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Access NI check. The successful applicant will not be able to commence employment until this check has been successfully completed.
We reserve the right to enhance the aforementioned criteria in the event of an unprecedented response in order to facilitate shortlisting.