Advertisement – Sixth Form Study Supervisor
Sixth Form Study Supervisor
Ballymena Academy, established in 1828, is a successful and forward-looking, co-educational, non-denominational Voluntary Grammar School with an enrolment of 1200 pupils, including more than 300 pupils in Sixth Form.
We are currently seeking a Sixth Form Study Supervisor to support our young people and inspire their learning and achievement. The successful candidate will be committed to promoting an effective independent learning culture, while assisting and advising students on strategies to improve their learning and study habits. They will also have a calm and reassuring disposition, be able to use their own initiative and be committed, flexible and hard-working. In addition, the ability to carry out the role while maintaining a high level of confidentiality, is a key requirement.
The person appointed to this post must demonstrate by means of their application form, how they meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade ‘C’ or higher and 2 ‘A’ Level passes or equivalent.
- Previous experience of providing supervision and/or support to large groups and on a one-to-one basis.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Is proficient in the use of standard computer software packages.
- Experience in working within an educational environment.
- Experience of working with Sixth Form students.
- Experience in the use of SIMS (Schools Information Management Systems).
- Experience and/or qualifications which would enable them to make a contribution to other areas of school life beyond the classroom, e.g. sport, music, Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 9.15 a.m. to 3.20 p.m.
Salary: NJC pts 1 – 4 (pro-rata) per annum
Closing Date: Wednesday 18th August at 12.00 noon
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Access NI check. The successful applicant will not be able to commence employment until this check has been successfully completed.
We reserve the right to enhance the aforementioned criteria in the event of an unprecedented response in order to facilitate shortlisting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer